The first foundation that offers grants which covers the length and breadth of Africa, African Women Development Fund (AWDF) was co-founded by Erelu Bisi Adeyemi-Fayemi. The essence of the foundation is to give grants and render supports to the works of women’s right promoting organization across the African continent.
Erelu Bisi served as the first Executive Director of the grant-making foundation (AWDF) which has funded more than 1200 organizations belonging to women in African countries numbering 42 with amount worth millions of US Dollar.
Hitherto, she serves on the following Boards:
• The Executive Board of the African Women’s Development Fund
• Global Fund for Women (USA). where she serves as the Choir of the Programs Committee.
• Choir of the Advisory Council of the Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund
• Advisory Board member of the Synergos Partnership for Agriculture
• Governing Council of Elizade University. Nigeria.
Erelu Bisi has also served as Co-Chair, International Network of Women’s Funds; she was a member of Board of Trustees Comic Relief, UK. and was one of the brains behind African Philanthropy Network.
According to reports made available to ONN Magazine by the foundation, Erelu Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi bagged the award of David Rockefeller Bridging for Leadership, a recognition that is globally accorded as one of the most prestigious in the philanthropic field. The next edition holds between the 27th to 28th September, 2017 in Lagos at Landmark Centre, Plot 3 & 4, Water Corporation Rd., Victoria Island Annex, Lagos, Nigeria.